Anticipation being half the fun, I can’t recall a time when I did not plan early for the holidays. When I was a little girl I sold greeting cards door to door in the neighborhood to make a little spending money and Christmas shopping (either for a gift or craft supplies to make a gift) and
Ray and I are prepping for a scaled-down Christmas when it comes to decorations (big yard sale coming up for we have 18 boxes of Christmas décor in the garage) however, it will be difficult for me to resist bring home new Christmas stuff!
Thus, my thinking with this Christmas-in-July project was three-fold:
- Make something functional.
- It is often just the two of us dining and we deserve a nicely set table.
- Red roses (silk roses replaced red ball ornaments) were my motif one Christmas past and I think it will my motif for 2016.
Then, I started going through my stencils and I found candy in the Layered Salad Stencil and I thought it would make a fun border.
Thank goodness I have months to decide what is for dinner!
Tsukineko All Purpose Ink Mini Workstation including: Fantastix™ with red, green, gold, and silver All Purpose Inks
Neutral placemats (these happened to be polyester from the “dollar store”
- Wash, dry (no fabric softener!), and iron placemats.
Note: The DVD instructions indicated the cloth should be spritzed with water. I am glad I skipped this step as the layered polyester placemat I used had a tendency to let the ink bleed.
- Place desired stencil on placemat. Use removable tape to adhere in place.
- Use pointed “fantastix” to paint each color separately within the stencil – I did mask the Layered Salad below the swirls and the petals of the rose.
- Heat set with iron using a piece of cloth between the iron and the placemat.
Note to self: Try not to be like Mom and put the placemats in a safe place until use and then forget where they are until Christmas afternoon!
What would a Blog Hop be without a GIVEAWAY??!!!
Take your time and visit each blog showcased July 9, 16, & 23 and leave your comments.
The more blogs you comment on, the more chances you have to WIN!
One comment per blog please.
You will have until Saturday, July 30th at 11:59PM Central Time to leave your comments.
The winner will be notified by email and announced on
StencilGirl’s Facebook page on Sunday, July 31st.
Blog Hop Order
Martha Lucia Gomez
Carol Baxter (You are here.)